Mission Picture

Mission Picture
We're in Africa!

Sunday, August 3, 2014

What did you see on your way to church today?

We go to church in the Kakata branch, 43 miles from Monrovia. Due to bad roads the trip takes us 1 hour and 45 minutes each way. The tedium of the trip is broken up by the wonderful sights we see as we travel. Here are a few examples: 
Going to church

Sunday afternoon nap


This man is carrying buckets of latex that has been tapped from the rubber trees on the Firestone Plantation.
Rice Paddy


The road to church

Home sweet home


This formation is recent. These trees grew fast in the rainy season and leaned over the road, forming a natural arch.

The watering hole. Children play and swim while their mothers do laundry and collect water for their daily use.


We followed this man for miles over horrible roads and he never lost his footing.





You never know what you will see around the next corner.

4 comments:

  1. Aliyah likes the church dresses. Michael wants to ride on the back of the van from now on. I think it's a great idea!

    We miss and love you guys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mike and April. My mom is here trying to comment on your bog. It deleted so I'm trying again. Love your pictures. So jealous. Made me RS president so no mission for us for awhile. Cousin Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear M & A..Finally I have found where you are. I no longer have a computer, so I am at Kim's borrowing her equipment. I am so happy you are safe and well. Do you live in that thatched roof house? What kind of food do you eat? I am t0 help Kim with her neat library filing. Lots of love and good health. Ant Dot



























    ReplyDelete